Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A BLESSED BIRTHDAY

I'm a little "emo" right now, if you will. Bear with me...

I am sitting here speechless by the amount of acts of love toward me for my birthday this year. I was talking to a friend earlier and was like "I literally don't know how to react anymore from everyone. Like what?! These people are real?" Apparently you all are. AMAZING.

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out how to put how I am feeling into words. All I can really come up with is this word:
BLESSED.

I would expand on that word if I could, but I can't, so maybe look it up in the dictionary and they could give you a better idea of how I am feeling.

The "gifts" that I don't physically receive, that I can't physically touch, but the ones that were given out of love, kindness, and thoughtfulness- those are the best out ones to receive. It's the simple acts that have meant the most to me today: the numerous personal phone calls and voicemails, the texts that simply said "happy birthday, i love you", the wall posts, the special blogposts (what?! I never expected that!- and multiple, I might add), the "special birthday dinner" that my mom came home and made for me after working all day and then baking my favorite cake perfectly after (it looked as if the "Cake Boss" made it), and the flowers my brother brought home for me. Then to mention the weekend prior full of friends, full of little acts of love- like "hey, i'll get this- happy birthday!" or "let's go out- early birthday present!" and now for a weekend ahead full of family. It's been nearly perfect.


Thank you to all who have made it special. Each little message sent or demonstration of love has put a smile on my face.... but I hope you didn't give it all in one shot and saved some of this love for next year too! ;)

Cheers to 23! I think it's going to be a good one...


(my boys: Dad and Brando with the "professional" birthday cake, missing my girls: Mom and Sosh)



If you missed some of the blogposts from some of my dear friends and family, check them out on their blog!
Ali at "write up your ali", Colleen at "Mademoiselle Michael", and Cerissa at "Satisfied". All great follows, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment