Wednesday, October 5, 2011

QUICHE CUPS.

I love blog requests. It makes my life so much easier.
I was sitting here today thinking, "I should probably blog- but I have nothing to blog about." And I made an agreement to myself that I wouldn't blog anything that I didn't say "I want to blog about that" in my head before. I want this blog to have some sort of purpose... haha


With all of that being said, I got a request to post the recipe of these vegetable quiche cups that I make nearly weekly that I got from the South Beach Diet. I adapted the recipe to make it easier (e.g. using real eggs instead of egg substitute). They are a great, quick, healthy breakfast that you can quickly pop in the microwave for a minute to reheat as you walk out the door. Did I mention they are 77 calories!


Ingredients:

1 package (10 oz.) of frozen chopped spinach
2 eggs
2 egg whites
3/4 cup low-fat shredded cheese - I usually use cheddar or a Mexican blend
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced
3 drops of hot pepper sauce (optional)- I usually add 2 teaspoons of salsa if I have it


Directions:


  • - Preheat oven to 350°F.


  • - Microwave spinach fro 2 1/2 minutes. Drain excess liquid.


  • - Spray a 6-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.


  • - Combine the eggs, egg whites, cheese, peppers, onions, spinach, and (salsa) in a bowl. Mix well.


  • - Divide evenly among muffin cups.


  • - Bake for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment